The Earth is Round, Don't Be Square


Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Morning Jazz Post

Sunday morning makes you feel so lovely (as Outkast once stated on the 'any given sunday' ost).

In a Jazz mood today. First record I threw on was Yusef Lateef's "Hush n Thunder". Great record, Lateef is in his classic moody-funk bag here (yeah I just coined that).

I was actually put on to Mr. Lateef through some records I inheirated from my Grandmother (rest her soul). They must've been sitting in the bottom of this drawer for some time (I never saw her play one and she didn't have a record player any longer). One which I crawled and walked by for years. "The Complete Yusef Lateef". Also from her I got Eddie Harris's "Silver Cycles", which put me up on Eddie as well. Grandma on the cutting edge of jazz.

Sunday morning.

It's pancake time.





Love you Grandma.

No comments: