The Earth is Round, Don't Be Square


Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The East Coast is warming up...so here's another mix...



I had a bunch of records laying on my bedroom floor after a few digging trips, beat making & listening sessions, so I figured I'd make a mix. No edits, no rehearsal, no pre-determined tracklist, 100% live on-the-spot mix (added a few vocal samples a few days later). Like Bambataa at the park jams in the early 80s, the styles of the music aren't what's important, it's all about the feeling. As a DJ I feel as if it is my duty to find and share good music with people. The music, in my opinion, should always be at the forefront, not the DJ, not any "tricks", just the music. Peace & Love.

Fabolous Counts - Get Down People
Ray Barretto - Drum Poem (Free Spirit)
Eric B & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul (Acapella)
Airto - Virgin Land
Angela Bofill - People Make The World Go Round
Escurinho e suas Pastoras - Escurinho
Manu Dibango - New Bell
La Charanga 76 - No Nas Pararan
Hedzoleh Soundz - Rekpete
Richie Havens - Girls Don't Run Away
Willie Hutch - Why Has Our Love Turned Cold
Ace Spectrum - If You Were There
Leroy Hutson - Love The Feeling
Quincy Jones - What's Going On
The Impressions - What It Is
Ramsey Lewis - Black Bird
Cloud One - Atmosphere Strut
Gary Bartz NTU Troop - Uhuru Sasa (Outro)

No comments: